Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Red hot pizza

Last night I learned that spices really do alter the taste of food! I usually follow directions with spices, but sometimes I add a "touch" more -- probably in secret hopes that I will come up with some awesome recipe that everyone will love and ask for.

So I made homemade pizza last night. The recipe calls for a little bit of crushed red pepper, and I followed the instructions perfectly. But then I remembered that the last time I made pizza, Adam had said the dough was a little tasteless. So I thought, hey, I'll just add some spices to it. So I added some garlic powder, and onion salt, and... crushed red pepper. Lots of it.

Adam took one bite and had to get a drink of water immediately. He managed to eat 2 pieces, but downed 3 glasses of water in the process. And afterwards he said his lips were burning! Hmm. He can eat more spicy foods than me, so after watching him, I knew I was not going to get my nice pizza dinner last night. I picked at it here and there, and ended up eating a bowl of cereal instead :(

I had also planned on giving some of the pizza to Ivy, as I'm trying to give her the same foods that we eat, but after seeing Adam's reaction, I opted not to!

Despite the spicy-ness of the pizza, Adam said he wanted to save the rest of it. So, it's in our fridge. Anyone want some red hot pizza?