Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Waiting for the morning...

9 years ago today Adam and I went on our first date. It was the start of a beautiful love and friendship, and I have never, ever regretted it. We have made a commitment to each other to stay together no matter where this road takes us. We have held true to that, even through the most difficult of journeys. Now, we are once again choosing to embark on a long journey that we desperately hope will end in smiles and not tears.

I am pregnant again.

While there is much relief and some amount of hope, there is also great fear and anxiety. This will not be the pregnancy we had dreamed of. No, it is too late for that. There is not ever going to be a point in this pregnancy where we can breathe a sigh of relief. Not until we are holding a full term, healthy baby in our arms.

Still, we are trying to be cautiously optimistic about this one and hope that in time we will be able to allow excitement over the pregnancy to become real to us, and not hollow, as is it now.

Adam and I are chosing to take a great risk - to love. Hopefully we will not lose again. We need much love, prayers, and support to sustain us on this long journey.

___________
As a side note, I have chosen not to make my new pregnancy the focus of this blog, and have created another one for that purpose: www.waitingforthemorning.blogspot.com. However, I'm sure I will write updates on this blog as well, from time to time.