Tuesday, October 17, 2006

True or not, it still touched me

I just read one of those email forwards with the touching stories that people send you, that ends with a statement telling you to send it to lots of other people. I am not a big fan of forwards, but I actually read this one because it told the story of a very prematurely born baby - one born just 4 weeks older than baby Zach when he was born. I have no idea if this story is true, but it had lots of pictures of the tiny baby and family. If it's not true, someone went to alot of work to put this together. Anyway, I'm not going to copy the whole story and pictures here, but I'll just summarize.

A lady had to have an emergency C-section at 24 weeks, and amazingly, the baby survived without any of the problems the doctors predicted. She is now a healthy child. The story focuses on the first several months of her life, though, when the parents could not even touch or hold the baby because she was SO premature that skin contact would harm her.

The story then fast forwards to a day when the child was sitting outdoors with her mother, and said "Do you know what it smells like?" Her mother looked at the gathering thunder clouds and replied, "Yes, it smells like rain." "No," the little girl responded, "It smells like God when you lay your head on His chest."

The email then says that this was evidence to the mother and the rest of the family that God was indeed caring for the young baby during the time when they could not physically care for her themselves. God was so close to her that she remembered His scent years later.

This gave me hope that baby Zach was lovingly taken care of in those last few minutes when he was dying in my womb.


________________
If you want the actual email with the pictures, etc, let me know and I can email it to you.