Thursday, August 17, 2006

Limits/Lamentations 5

There is only so much pain that a person can endure. There are limits, and when those limits are reached, something has to change.

I'm starting to feel like the only way to continue going through life is to harden myself and become stoic. Although this is NOT how I normally operate, I feel driven by desperation and almost feel as if I do not have a choice. I just cannot suffer like this daily and survive!

There is only so much pain and heartache that a person can bear!

Remember, O LORD, what has happened to me; look, and see my disgrace.
My inheritance has been turned over to aliens, my home to foreigners.
Those who pursue me are at my heels; I am weary and find no rest.
Slaves rule over me, and there is none to free me from their hands.

Joy is gone from my heart; my dancing has turned to mourning.

Because of these things my heart is faint;
because of these things my eyes grow dim.

Why do You always forget me?
Why do You forsake me so long?

Restore me to Yourself, O Lord, that I may return;
renew my days as of old unless you have utterly rejected me and are angry with me beyond measure.