Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Treasures in Lamentations 1


Bitterly she weeps at night, tears are upon her cheeks. Among all her lovers there is none to comfort her... People have heard my groaning, but there is none to comfort me.

Is it nothing to you, all you who pass by? Is any suffering like my suffering that was inflicted upon me, that the Lord brought on me in the day of his fierce anger? From on high he sent fire, sent it down to my bones. He spread a net for my feet and turned me back. He made me desolate, faint all day long.

The Lord has sapped my strength. He has handed me over to those I cannot withstand... This is why I weep and my eyes overflow with tears. No one is near to comfort me, no one to restore my spirit. My children are destitute because the enemy has prevailed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel... I feel as though my very faith is slipping through my fingers and I am powerless to stop it.