Monday, October 24, 2005

Introducing... Toby the cat


So, he just showed up on my deck last week and was just the friendliest cat I'd ever been around. He did not hesitate to follow me around and jump in my lap the first time I sat down. And he purrs like nobody. I thought perhaps he would be a new neighborhood friend, like the other cat (Lillie) that visits me from time to time. However, it appears he is not owned by anyone, and he was obviously very hungry. I held out a whole day to see if he'd leave the house and go somewhere else, but he refused to leave our deck. After 24 hours of his heart-breaking cries of hunger, I gave in and fed him. Next came the little cat shelter (the temperature was in the 30s last night!!) and next comes the vet. You know how they say that sometimes animals end up adopting you and you don't have a say in the matter? That's kind of what happened here. I really had no intention of adopting a cat right now. Isn't he beautiful? I love him so much. Already.